MD, ScD, Professor Dušan Vešović in media
Dušan Vešović MD, ScD, Professor
– Biography –
2014 - Specialization, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade; title – Specialist in pharmacy
2013 - International Association for the Promotion and Development of Quantum Medicine Quanttes, Belgrade, a certification in quantum medicine
2002 - doctoral degree thesis defense; Chair of Occupational Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade; title: Doctor of medical sciences
1998 - specialization in Occupational Medicine; Chair of Occupational Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade; title: Specialist in Occupational Medicine
1997 - master degree thesis defense; Chair of Occupational Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade; title: master of medical sciences
1994 - passed the state examination for medical doctor; Ministry of Health of the Republic of Serbia
1993 - graduation from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade; title: medical doctor (average grade of studying – 9.39/10)
Lecturer and attendee of international congresses/meetings/schools
2019 - 12th European Congress of Integrative Medicine. 1st International Symposium on Integrative Health and Education. Barcelona, Spain. September 13-15, 2019.
2018 - 11th European Congress for Integrative Medicine „The future of Comprehensive Patient Care“ joined with 1st Slovenian and 5th International Ayurveda Congress; 34th Annual International Symposium on Acupuncture, Electro-therapeutics and latest advance in Integrated Medicine. 15th Biennial International Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-ring Test. 1st Slovenian Congress of Acupuncture. Ljubljana, Slovenia. September 21-23, 2018.
2018 - 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Natural Products, Medicinal Plants and Marine Drugs, June, 11-12, 2018. Rome, Italy.
2017 - 8th International Conference and Exhibition on Natural and Alternative Medicine. September 25-27, 2017. Dubai, UAE.
2017 - 1st World Congress on Cancer and Infectious Diseases; May 03-05; Madrid, Spain.
2017 - 1st World Congress and 10th European Congress of Integrative medicine; May 03-05; Berlin, Germany.
2016 - 15th World Congress on Menopause. Heart Health Matters. Praha, Check Republic. 28 September - 01 Oktober, 2016.
2016 - 9th European Congress for Integrative Medicine – ECIM, 2016 along with Bi-Digital O-Ring Test Congress; Global Summit on Integrative Medicine and Healthcare; 9-11, September 2016; Budapest.
2015 - The 10 Major Hormones Therapies; The Aging Head & The Thyroid Symposium, The Aging Female and Male, Brussels, Belgium, 19-21. November, 2015.
2015 - Hormone Replacement Therapy – HRT with Bio-identical Hormones, Frankfurt, Germany, 20-21 March 2015.g.
2014 - 7th European Congress of Integrative Medicine, 1st Serbian Congress of Integrative Medicine, 12th Biennial Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test, and 30th International Symposium on Acupuncture; Oktober 2014, Belgrade.
2013 - 6th European Congress for Integrative Medicine (ECIM) together with 5th German Congress for Integrative Medicine, October 4-5, 2013, Berlin.
2012 - Summer School in Occupational and Environmental Health; Brescia, Italy; sponsorship of: School of Medicine, University of Brescia i NIOSH funded New York and New Jersey Education and Research Center.
2004 - XX International Symposium of Acupuncture & Electrotherapy, Columbia University, New York City; SAD.
2003 - Duke Seminar in Family Medicine; Salcburg, Austria; sponsorship: Duke University Medical Center (SAD), SOROS i Ministry of Health and Sciences of Austria
2002 - 1st in Country Training Workshop on Environmental and Occupational Health; mesto: Serbia; organized by: Michigan State University, Institute of International Health and Institute of Occupational Health and Radiological Protection “Dr D. Karajović”, Belgrade; sponsorship: The National Institutes of Health (NIH), SAD.
2002 - X Congress on Occupational Health; Amsterdam, Netherlands.
2000 - IV International Conference on Global Safety; Bled, Slovenia.
2000 - International Course on Cancer Epidemiology; place - Budapest, Hungary; organized by: World Health Organization and International Agency for Research on Cancer - IARC); Lyon, France.
1997 - Summer Research Program at University of Illinois at Chicago; place – Chicago, USA; sponsorship: University of Illinois at Chicago and University of Belgrade.
1995 - European Educational Program in Epidemiology; Florence, Italy; organized by: World Health Organization and International Agency for Research on Cancer - IARC); Lyon, France.
Attendance at international scientific projects
2001 - from mid-April to mid-October; appointment: Visiting Research Senior Associate; place: Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, SAD; study title: EXERCISE AND POSTPRANDIAL OXIDATIVE STRESS IN TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS PATIENTS; principal study manager: prof. Phyllis Bowen; specific tasks and activities: recruiting patients for the study, implementing the study, conducting laboratory analyses (MDA and 8-OHdG), and discussing the results obtained.
Attendance at domestic scientific projects
2002 -took part in a research study funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Government of Republic of Serbia; title of the research: “Nutrition, Physical Activity, Physiological Parameters and Disease Prevalence in Three Different Work-Settings” the study started in 2002 and lasted for three years. It was a collaborative study with prof. Phyllis Bowen from the Department of Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
Occupational Health, textbook for undergraduate students; VISAN Sanitary Medical School of Applied Sciences, Belgrade
Chapters in the Occupational Health textbook for undergraduate and graduate students, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade - 3
- full papers published in international scientific journals – 5.
- abstracts published in books of abstracts of international scientific meetings – 61.
- full papers published in books of national scientific meetings – 21.
- abstracts published in books of abstracts of national scientific meetings - 52.
- VISAN – Sanitary Medical School of Applied Sciences, Belgrade; title: Professor
- Bel Medic, Belgrade; title: Specialist in Occupational Health
- Permanent court expert in the field of Occupational Medicine, appointed by the decision of the Ministry of Justice of Republic of Serbia;
Lecturer at Continuing Medical Education (CME) for Medical Doctors and Pharmacists
- 2022 - Consultations in micronutrients, accredited by the Health Council of Serbia as a category I course; more about micronutrients, you can read here.
- 2021 - Introduction to micronutrition, accredited by the Health Council of Serbia as a category I course; more about micronutrition, you can read here.
- 2021 - Individual modulation of microbiota as a factor of good health; CME was supported by European Institute for Dietetics and Micronutrition, Paris, France.
- 2021 - 2021, Microbiota and micronutrients and their importance in the treatment of post-COVID syndrome; CME was supported by European Institute for Dietetics and Micronutrition, Paris, France.
- 2017-2019 - Organizer and lecturer in the programme: Personalized and Holistic Approach in Treating Patients –part I and part II; organizer – the HOLISTIC Association for Personalized and Holistic Approach in Treating Patients; accredited by the Medical Council of Serbia with 6 CME credits for participants.
- 2015 - Effects of the Dr Gifing Nutritional Programme on Metabolic Parameters – Our Experience; organizer: Department for Continuing Medical Education, Medical Society of Vojvodina – Serbian Medical Society; September 2015, Novi Sad.
- 2015 - The Importance of Dietary Supplement Application in Medical Practice; organizer: Inpharm; Belgrade, May 2015.
- 2014 - Mechanisms of Production and Action of Free Radicals and Their Role in the Pathogenesis of Numerous Chronic Diseases, School of Bi-Digitial O-ring Test; organizer: Serbian Association for Integrative Medicine; Belgrade, October 2014.
- 2014 - Current Approach of Metabolic Syndrome Treatment in Obese Patients by Using the Dr Gifing Chrono-Nutrition Program– Our Experience; organizer: Association of Nutritionists of Serbia, September 2014.
- 2014 - Basic Principles of Integrative Medicine (course repeated on the request of organizers); organizer: Military Medical Academy, Belgrade, April 2014
- 2013 - Functional Food and Supplementation in Disease Prevention, Therapy, and Rehabilitation. Organizer: European University, Faculty of Pharmacy at Novi Sad, Novi Sad, October, 2013.
- 2013 - Do We Pay Enough Attention to The Possible Health Effects of Heavy Metals While Treating Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases? Organizer: Association of Acupuncturists of the Serbian Medical Society, Belgrade, October, 2013.
- 2013 - Basic Principles of Integrative Medicine. Organizer: Military Medical Academy, Belgrade, March 2013
- 2012 - Current Attitudes Regarding the Importance of Free Radicals and Antioxidants. Organizer: Pharmaceutical Chamber of Serbia, Belgrade, October 2012
- 2012 - Mechanisms of Production and Action of Free Radicals and Their Role in the Pathogenesis of Numerous Chronic Diseases. School of Bi-Digitial O-ring Test; organizer: Serbian Association for Integrative Medicine; Belgrade, June 2012
- 2012 - Current Attitudes Regarding the Health Effects of Exposure to Heavy Metals, Asbestos, and Polychlorinated Biphenyls. School of Bi-Digitial O-ring Test; organizer: Serbian Association for Integrative Medicine; Belgrade, May 2012
- 2012 - The Prevalence of Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases in Serbia and Worldwide and Measures for Their Prevention. Organizer: Health Care Center “Novi Beograd”, Belgrade, April 2012
- 2011 - Antibiotics in Clinical Practice. Organizer: Pharmaceutical institution “Krusevac”, Krusevac, October 2011
- 2011 - Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases – Current Situation in Our Country and Worldwide, Belgrade, March 2011
- 2011 - Probiotics and their Significance – Current Attitudes, Belgrade, April 2009
Mentor of numerous specialisation and graduation students' papers
- member of the Serbian Medical Society of Belgrade; The Union of Medical Societies of Serbia (member of the World Medical Association)
- member of the European Society of Integrative Medicine (ESIM)
- member of the Serbian Association for Integrative Medicine
- member of the Quantum Medicine Association within the Serbian Medical Society
*Award for Contribution to the Development of Integrative Medicine in Serbia, Quantum Medicine and Bi-Digital O-Ring Test in Serbia; award presented during the closing of the 7th European Congress of Integrative Medicine, 1st Serbian Congress of Integrative Medicine, 30th Annual International Symposium on Acupuncture, Electro-Therapeutics and Latest Advancements in Integrated Medicine, and 12th Biennial International Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test. Belgrade, Serbia. October, 10-11.
Reviewer of papers in international journals
European Journal of Integrative Medicine
Journal of Medical and Biological Science Research